Technique, work ethic, confidence and self-awareness are areas of focus which will give you the tools required to succeed in meeting the demands of the business.
In the third year, you have the chance to select from specific options to meet the needs of the industry. Here you can diversify your training and hone in on areas you may have previously explored in less depth. This is a crucial element of training as you are given the opportunity to explore your identity as an emerging creative artist.
This course encourages independence, entrepreneurialism and innovation because these qualities will be required of any performer entering the contemporary performing arts industry. We don’t want you just to get work, we want you to make work.
All learning is underpinned by regular mental and physical resilience classes; another key element of your training.
You will need to be resilient on entering this notoriously hard profession. You should also be equipped with life skills, which you can apply within a variety of contexts far beyond your three years of training.
The Three Pathways
Being a musical theatre performer today means you need to be much more than a triple threat; you need a skillset that makes you unique. You also need a direct and extensive network and an innate understanding of the industry you will be working in.
Alongside classic high-end musical theatre training, we offer a program that develops other skills essential to a musical theatre performer in order to broaden work opportunities and connections.
ICTheatre boasts a stellar network of industry professionals who are directly connected to the industry our graduates will be stepping into.
With a toolbox of freshly developed current industry skills, you will be the most versatile, employable version of yourself and open to a long career as a new-age contemporary musical theatre performer. The course includes:
- High-end industry-standard acting dance and vocal training
- Physical and contemporary theatre practice, puppetry and circus skills
- TV and film techniques in conjunction with Screen and Film School
- Programmes taught and devised by our network of West End performers, producers, directors and choreographers
- Incredible personal and professional development program
The industry has changed and continues to do so. It is no longer simply a case of just training to be an actor and then waiting for your agent to give you a call.
In today’s contemporary theatre, film and television industries, an actor needs to be skilled, adaptable, entrepreneurial
and passionate. Creative work prospects are out there – you just need to learn how to find them. You’ll also need to learn how to take opportunities, as well as how to make them for yourself.
ICTheatre offers a degree with a difference. Our rigorous training will equip you – both technically and creatively – to succeed as an actor, as well as introduce you to a range of areas that you may never have explored before.
We want you to shape your own creative identity, explore what you can offer as an artist, discover new passions and develop your existing skills through:
- Rigorous training from experienced practitioners working in both film and theatre
- A choice of options running alongside your core training
- Thorough preparation for the industry including marketing, self-taping, audition technique and presentation
- Regular sessions in mindfulness and mental resilience
- A chance to hone your own creative identity in the third year and deepen your skills in areas where you have thrived
The only degree route of its kind, Hip Hop Artistry is the most current and innovative course in the marketplace today. Focusing on elements of hip-hop culture and dance techniques, you will explore how this revolution is continuing to thrive globally and find your place within it.
With a strong emphasis on personal, professional and commercial development, you will become a multi-faceted entrepreneur; primarily focusing on your skills as a dance artist, but also taking full advantage of ICTheatre’s training in TV, music and film, plus top drawer digital and media skills.
In conjunction with world-renowned dance agencies, this route is set to give you the springboard required to enter the creative industries as your own business at the highest level. The course includes:
- Hip-hop, street, commercial and freestyle dance techniques
- YouTubing, influencing and TV presenting skills
- Hip-hop theatre and production projects
- Artist development and hip-hop culture
- Music, vocal and beat production
- Studio and live performance technique