What can you do with an ‘Acting for the 21st Century’ degree?
The industry has changed and continues to do so. It is no longer simply a case of just training to be an actor and then waiting for your agent to give you a call.
In today’s contemporary theatre, film and television industries, an actor needs to be skilled, adaptable, entrepreneurial and passionate. Creative work prospects are out there – you just need to learn how to find them. You’ll also need to learn how to take opportunities, as well as how to make them for yourself.
ICTheatre offers a degree pathway with a difference: Acting for the 21st Century. Our rigorous training will equip you – both technically and creatively – to succeed as an actor, as well as introduce you to a range of areas that you may never have explored before.
A degree of this kind can lead to a variety of career destinations including:
- Professional Actor
- Videogame Performer
- Theatre Maker
- Arts Administrator
- Events Manager
- Stage Manager
- Casting Director
- Voice-Over Artist
- Acting Coach
- Role Player
We want you to shape your own creative identity, explore what you can offer as an artist, discover new passions and develop your existing skills through:
- Rigorous training from experienced practitioners working in both film and theatre
- A choice of options running alongside your core training
- Thorough preparation for the industry including marketing, self-taping, audition technique and presentation
- Regular sessions in mindfulness and mental resilience
- A chance to hone your own creative identity in the third year and deepen your skills in areas where you have thrived