It’s international day of happiness – a day for everyone around the world to help inspire each other to do what they love – and to be happy doing it!
“I will try to create more happiness in the world around me”
“This campaign is a global celebration to mark the United Nations International Day of Happiness. It is coordinated by Action for Happiness, a non-profit movement of people from 160 countries, supported by a partnership of like-minded organisations.”
When it comes to being happy, at ICTheatre we are here for our students 100%. Our student support team are always at hand to advice our students with any issues they may have, no matter how big or small.
In the Performing Arts world, there’s a huge stigma surrounding mental health. Issues such as social exclusion, performance anxiety, and diversity are still apparent today. At ICTheatre we aim to work towards a future where we can encourage one another; to strive towards happiness and equality.
The first step towards spreading happiness, is to look out for yourself; here’s a few of our top tips to help keep yourself happy in order to spread happiness to others…
- Wake up early, stretch, set your intentions for the day.
– For many of us, our first interactions in the morning are with our mobile phones. It’s important to set your own intentions right from the moment you wake up. Wait until you eat your breakfast to check your phone.
– A simple smile can make a world of difference; smile when you wake up, smile at a stranger, smile when you’re feeling down.
- Accept your insecurities
– We ALL have insecurities, we wouldn’t be human without them! It’s important to accept this, come to terms with the parts of yourself that you dislike, and concentrate on the parts that you DO like.
- Focus on your accomplishments
– Rather than beating yourself up when you do something wrong, concentrate on what you do right! Forgive yourself.
- Do one nice thing for yourself every day
– Don’t rely on others to make you feel happy, make yourself happy first! You’ll be more likely to help others feel happy too when your happy within yourself.