Hip Hop and Commercial Dance Artistry – BA (Hons) Pathway, Video Audition Requirements
Here at ICTheatre we take the wellbeing of staff and visitors very seriously, so with that in mind and the uncertain landscape owing to COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we have decided to move to remote auditions until we are in a safe position to proceed as normal.
If accepted on to the course you will work intensely as part of an ensemble of training professionals over a period of three years. ICTheatre is dedicated to ensuring this ensemble reflects the rich diversity that exists within our communities. The Audition process will be assessed by specialist ICTheatre tutors and staff, and overseen by College Principal.
Prior to submitting your audition for our Hip Hop & Commercial Dance Artistry pathway, you will need to prepare the following:
A Short Introduction
A short introduction of yourself, mentioning name, passions and interests, any concerns you have in regards to training and if you feel there are any areas where you might need any additional support.
You will be required to choreograph and perform a piece of Hip Hop or Commercial dance. This will include various aspects of Hip Hop, commercial and freestyle dance techniques. This submission is an opportunity for you to showcase your ability and understanding of the Hip Hop scene.
This submission will be an opportunity to demonstrate to the tutors that you show reasonable evidence of:
- Storytelling through dance, we would like to see that your piece contains a narrative
- Feel free to include Hip hop specific dance styles i.e. Waacking and Krumping, Popping and Locking.
- A foundation in dance technique, or the potential and the physical facility to learn the technique
- Competent and confident execution of the technique
- An ability to self-choreograph, with the capability to implement any technical or stylistic flow
- A sense of performance within the style
- A strong work ethic, motivation and stamina to train and complete the course with success
- Due to the diverse nature of this course, we welcome any additional work or material you may want to submit. This could be portfolio work such as video, sound recordings or written work across any element that may be relevant to this co
Following on from the submission of your audition, we will invite you to a FaceTime or Skype interview. This will be conducted by senior members of the ICTheatre team and will be a valuable opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have about Hip Hop and Commercial Artistry course, our school and ICTheatre ethos, so please prepare accordingly for this interview.
We will endeavour to notify you as soon as possible of the outcome of your audition, this is generally within 2-3 days.
You will receive your outcome via email and UCAS Track.
For any queries please do not hesitate in contacting email@example.com
We are grateful for your understanding and patience at this time and look forward to “business as usual” as soon as this is possible.