Training for the talented, not the elite: in-line with the ICTheatre ethos, our audition process is completely FREE.
ICTheatre Training Professionals have a sense of why they want to be a performer; they have commitment, flexibility, passion, dedication, curiosity, discipline, courage, and imagination.
They are determined, creative performers with the drive to achieve, they are individuals with vision, entrepreneurial spirit, with the skills to make their own work as well as to be a performer for hire.
We believe that performing arts training should be available to everyone…
…not only is the process free of charge, as a part of the audition you’ll experience a ICTheatre workshop, where you’ll get to work with industry professionals from our visiting faculty.
To book in for an open day workshop please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
OPEN DAY & AUDITION DATES
(BA)Hons) in Performing Arts OPEN DAYS
There are currently no open days upcoming for our BA(Hons) course
(BA)Hons) in Performing Arts AUDITIONS
- All auditions will take place online until further notice –
please see more information on how to do this HERE
MAY 29th – Acting & Musical Theatre Pathways (BRIGHTON)
MAY 30th – Acting, Musical Theatre & Hip Hop Pathways (MANCHESTER)
Extended Diploma in Performing Arts
WORKSHOP AUDITIONS & OPEN EVENINGS
There are currently no auditions upcoming for our Extended Diploma course
Please check back soon or e-mail email@example.com
We believe it’s as important for you to audition us as it is for us to audition you, so with that in mind our Open Days are a brilliant way to see if ICTheatre is the right institution for you.
You will have a tour of the facilities and be given an in depth talk on the course, including how our unique pathways and options will work for you. This is also your chance to ask any questions you may have, so ICTheatre staff are on hand to help with any queries you may have from Student Finance to accommodation and life in student life in Brighton.
Call: 01273 603 333 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
BA(Hons) Audition Requirements
- Two contrasting songs from the musical theatre repertoire. One must be from before 1965.
- Two contrasting monologues, one contemporary.
- Candidates will also take part in a dance class which will include a warm up, stretches and corner exercises.
The day will end with an interview with the Course Principal, Course Leader and Heads of Departments.
- Last no longer than two minutes each
- Be from published plays and not be poems, novels, films or television scripts
- Involve a character chosen from your own gender and close to your own age
- One must be performed in your native accent
- Be learnt in full but be prepared to only sing for 2 minutes.
- Be performed in the key in which the music is written (the accompanist will not transpose into a different key).
- Give you the opportunity to act through them.
- Not be from a classical repertoire (this includes opera)